After a 3-years’ journey, SCORE project is coming to its end on 30th of October 2020. Project’s activities started on August 2017 and one of its main outputs is an innovative Online Training Program.
SCORE project was aiming in training health professionals and community workers, on issues related to the support of refugees and immigrants in areas except the first entrance. For this purpose, an Online Training Program has been created, which is available in five languages: English, Greek, Italian, Spanish and Danish.
The Online Training Program was implemented in Greece from January until May 2020 and was attended from health professionals and community workers from all over Greece.
Through the various implementation phases and, mainly, through the dissemination activities developed not only in Greece, but in all partners’ countries, SCORE contributed in raising public awareness on the problems which refugees and immigrants are facing.
The outputs of the project
SCORE project was implemented from organizations with experience in European collaboration, from Greece, Italy, Spain and Denmark.
Main priorities of project’s partners were the production of high quality intellectual outputs and to inform people about SCORE’s activities and the problems which refugees and immigrants are facing.
Some of the project’s outputs are the following:
- Targeted and extensive researches on the needs of refugees/immigrants, health professionals and community workers, on issues related to the support of refugees and immigrants (in areas except the first entrance). The surveys were conducted in Greece, Italy, Spain and Denmark. The results of these researches were used for the development of project’s training program.
- Development of an innovative Online Training Program for health professionals and community workers, on issues related on understanding the problems which refugees and immigrants are facing and the provision of targeted services to them. University of Patras was responsible for the creation of the educational material. p-consulting.gr designed and developed the e-learning platform.
- Participation of 260 health professionals and community workers from Greece, Italy, Spain and Denmark to the Online Training Program, during 2020.
- Implementation of 7 Multiplier Events in Greece, Italy, Spain and Denmark, during 2019 and 2020.
- Implementation of various dissemination activities, aiming in informing and raising awareness of citizens and professionals who are working with refugees and immigrants, in all partners’ countries. It is estimated that more than 2.000 people were approached and informed about the activities and the results of SCORE project.
Migration/refugees problem is something that EU countries will keep facing during the upcoming years. The neccesity of dealing this issue in a efficient way, is the reason why SCORE partners decided to continue informing citizens about the project’s results and after its completion. Partners from Greece, Italy and Spain will run repeat the Online Training Program during 2021, so as more health professionals and community workers to be trained on this issue. Finally, project’s website will remain active for at least 5 years, until 2025, providing not only information on the issue regarding refugees and immigrants, but also on the implementation of the Online Training.
Stay tuned for our upcoming actions!