p-consulting.gr, within the framework of the Erasmus+ KA2 Digital ECEC project, conducted a three-day training activity for teachers of ECEC, on digital applications for the development of educational content focused on animation.
The Training activity.
The training took place from 24 to 26 January 2023, implemented by p-consulting.gr, hosted in the premises of the Santa Croce Montessori School and Training Center in Perugia, and co-organized with FORMA. Azione, project’s partner from Italy, as well. It was attended by teachers from the three educational organisations involved in the implementation of the project:
The training material.
During the three-day program, the participating teachers were trained in three different applications that enable the user to create educational content by selecting characters, environment, sound, and movement. The applications are:
- Toontastic 3D, which was first-created to be used by children but offers the possibility, for teachers and beyond, to create content,
- TubiTube, which is aimed at children, beginners, and those with a primary familiarity with digital technology,
- Pencil2D Animation, with which one can create 2D videos with hand-drawn drawings.
Τα σχόλια και οι αντιδράσεις των εκπαιδευτικών που συμμετείχαν, από τις τρεις διαφορετικές Ευρωπαϊκές χώρες, είχαν γεύση ενθουσιασμού και χαράς για τα νέα χρήσιμα εργαλεία που τίθενται στην διάθεσή τους. Επίσης ήταν διάχυτη η ικανοποίηση της συνειδητοποίησης του πόσο ενδιαφέρον και εποικοδομητικός, είναι αυτός ο καινοτόμος τρόπος δημιουργίας εκπαιδευτικού περιεχομένου.
The Digital ECEC project aims to:
- the creation of a digital database of innovative, good practices in digital tools in the field of early childhood education and care (ECEC),
- the development of an online training programme and a digital platform, aiming at the creation of ICT-based educational content and in particular the creation of animations,
- the development of a quality assurance framework to assess how digital tools impact on the 5 European Quality Principles.
The project is implemented by specialised institutions, companies, and educational organisations from Lithuania, Italy, Spain, and Greece.