p-consulting.gr embraces the European Environmental Policy, which is based on the values of protection, prevention, and reparation of environmental damage at its source, as well as the “polluter pays” principle. p-consulting.gr, perceives environment protection as a matter of great importance, identifies its obligation, and accepts the responsibilities regarding the company’s activities, with respect towards the environment. The measurement of the effect the company’s activities have on the environment, constitutes an ongoing process which evolves with each passing year.
The basic axes of p-consulting.gr’s Environmental Policy are:
- Responsibility regarding the amount of natural resources spent.
- Constant investment in new, environmental friendly, technologies and methods.
- Minimalization of the negative effects that the usage of computers and other electronic devices have, via the correct and timely maintenance of the mentioned devices.
- Encouragement of the employees, towards the adoption of environmental friendly practices.
- Development of environmental consciousness, through-out the respective trainings and seminars.
- Active participation in organizations which promote the principles of environmental safety and protection.
- Participation in International conferences of research and development, which promote the effectiveness, responsibility, and the reduction of carbon dioxide print (CO2).
- Continuous updates on environmental issues and adoption of innovative practices.
- Development of digital tools, considering the lowest possible carbon dioxide print (CO2).
p-consulting.gr believes in:
- protecting the environment
- prevention of pollution
- sustainable use of resources
- confinement of climate change
p-consulting.gr commits to:
- Comply with the existing laws and regulations, regarding environmental performance.
- Carry out its obligations, as well as constantly improving, regarding its environmental performance.
- Provide the required resources, as well as carry out the relevant actions, in order for the Management System to be constantly improved.
p-consulting.gr applies the following:
Facilities and everyday life:
- Working remotely
p-consulting.gr practices remote work, thus reducing the daily reallocation of its employees. This leads to reduced CO2 emissions, as well as better resource management at the physical facilities.
- Green resources
Stationery and materials, produced through recycled resources, are preferred. At the same time, all of the electronic devices are chosen based on power consumption, with the ones that require less energy being preferred. The existing ones are maintained and upgraded, in order to extend their lifespan. Therefore, the pointless usage of plastic and other electronic waste is avoided.
- Smart Printing
Thanks to the digitalization of p-consulting.gr’s registry, the company has managed to minimize the amount of printed materials, as well as paper and ink usage. The only prints that are carried out, are the ones of projects the Contracting Authorities of which, require so.
- Glass, not plastic
Glass bottles are preferred, further reducing the usage of plastic.
Houseplants filter and clean the air. They function as a sponge would, reducing by 20% dust and particles, that are responsible for allergies, sensitivities, and breathing issues.
- Natural lighting
The 270ο glass coverage of p-consulting.gr’s facilities, allows natural lighting to enter, thus reducing the need for electric power utilization. At the same time, tents and natural ventilation, allow for reduced consumption of electric power, as air-conditioning, in not imperative.
- Complete registry digitalization
p-consulting.gr’s complete data-base (archives, documents, notes, etc.) are in digital form on cloud, allowing for better collaboration between employees via the fast data-sharing, as well as the great reduction of stationery utilization (paper, ink, printing materials, etc.). As a result, the company’s data-base is accessible from everywhere, through every digital device, thus favoring remote working.
- Turned-Off cameras
Whenever possible, cameras are turned-off during online meetings, thus contributing to CO2 emission reduction.
- E-mail attachments
In small amounts, e-mail attachments produce almost nil CO2, in total however, the relevant numbers rise. p-consulting.gr, contributing to the effort of reducing CO2 emissions, uses Dropbox and OneDrive accounts for file and data sharing, as well as a Google Drive account, for the partners that prefer it. In this way, the total amount of attachments, is rapidly reduced.
- Green websites
A website’s ecological print, is highly connected to the relevant code and in particular with:
- the quality of the code
- code and archive structure
The quality of the above is related to the speed of the respective website, as well as the power required for it to function. The required power is closely related to CO2 emissions. In addition, for the design, creation, and development, of its digital products, p-consulting.gr, consults and utilizes global tools, such as websitecarbon.com and sustainabledesign.org. Its goal is the development of environmentally friendly digital tools.
At the same time, p-consulting.gr, based on its environmental policy, co-operates with a hosting company, which manages ecological servers (https://www.domainmarket.gr/), thus achieving the minimization of CO2 emissions, through the produced websites.
- Extension of devices lifespan
Repairment, upgrade, and maintenance of electronic devices, monitors, and computers, as a way to reduce the number of devices used.
- Prevention of digital waste (via cloud computing)
p-consulting.gr uses cloud computing services, in order to save and manage its registry. The mentioned services, allow the storage of massive databases, thus offering access to a large number of devices. In this way, the amount of data stored in electronic devices, thus the digital waste produced, is rapidly reduced. The term digital waste, describes archives and data stored in electronic devices, thus contributing to CO2 emissions. At the same time, the database is frequently cleaned (double documents, previous versions, etc.), in order to reduce the database itself. A smaller database equals lower CO2 emissions.
Recycling – Circular economy
- Paper packings
A paper recycling bin is available at p-consulting.gr’s facilities.
All batteries are re-chargeable, thus re-usable. When the batteries’ lifespan is completed, they are recycled at the respective bin.
- Plastic packages – objects
p-consulting.gr participates in circular economy. The term Circular Economy describes a production and consumption model, which includes the exchange, re-use, repair, and recycling of the existing materials and products, as much as possible, in order to extend their lifespan.
- Electronic devices
All electronic devices are maintained and repaired. If that is not possible, the devices are recycled in the respective recycling bins.
- Public transport is preferred.
- Hybrid vehicles, or means of fixed orbit are preferred, instead of conventional vehicles.
- Synchronization of air travels, as a way to reduce the number of vehicles involved in a travel.
- Preference to airlines that use low consumption airplanes of updated technology (AEGEAN, Lufthansa, etc.).
- Use of a corporate, electric car, for transportation of professional nature.
The Policy is reviewed on a yearly basis, or when it is demanded by an internal or external demand.