OntheMic is a 24-month Erasmus+ programme implemented by six partners from Finland, Germany, Belgium, Iceland, and Greece. The project addresses the current requirement for easy-to-use methods and tools for both adult learners in need of support such as migrants, disabled people, long term unemployed, people without formal secondary level education or otherwise in a vulnerable situation, and specifically in the labour market, as well as employers and educational or training staff, working with adult learners.
- to develop easy-to-use, user-friendly tools for adult learners to assess their own skills and competencies, gained through prior learning in formal, informal, and non-formal settings, identify the emerging needs and to find ways to up-skill and re-skill their competences to meet the needs of the labour market, enhancing and strengthening, in this way, the possibilities for employment.
- to offer to learners the opportunity to gain micro-credentials on their skills and competencies, by creating tools to realize more flexible and inclusive learning paths, through recognition of prior learning. Innovative instruments like micro-credentials can facilitate flexible learning pathways and support learners to get employed or during professional transitions.
- Adult learners in vulnerable situations such as migrants, disabled people, long term unemployed, people without formal secondary level education or otherwise in a vulnerable situation (financially wise, health-wise, etc.)
- Companies and employers
- Adult educators in all sectors, working with adult learners in vulnerable situations
- Organisations/institutions offering adult training
The outputs of the project OnTheMic are: