Why is RE-CREW project useful?
Although the pandemic has already passed, with the W.H.O. recently and officially announcing its end, businesses in the western world are still facing major problems. These problems can be divided into several categories, but one of the most important is human resources. The essence of every business.
In relation to this area there are various problems that employers or HR departments face today and if someone would try to express them here are the 3 most common phenomena, such as the following:
- Failure to assess candidates: companies often face difficulties in assessing candidates for an available position. A proper assessment of a candidate’s skills, qualifications and personality is critical to successful recruitment. However, the assessment process can be time-consuming and costly.
- High recruitment costs: Hiring new staff can involve significant financial costs for enterprises, such as costs for job advertisements, time, and resources to evaluate candidates, and costs associated with training and integrating new staff.
- Low exposure and visibility: A weak business or employer brand can lead to low impact and awareness of the business in the market. Qualified candidates may not be aware of the existence of the business or may lack confidence in the business due to a lack of brand impressions and contact.
But how could these be addressed and mitigated through a European programme?
What does RE-CREW offer?
RE-CREW’s goal is to help SMEs in the context of the recruiting, as mentioned, so to address some of the most common problems mentioned above. Thus, it will offer in a very short time, online and completely free of charge, the following tools:
- Guidebook for Recruiting in Small Businesses: Analysis of The Needs, Barriers, and Opportunities. This guide will provide an analysis of the needs, barriers and opportunities faced by micro and small and medium-sized enterprises – SMEs – in the recruitment and hiring process. It will include advice, guidelines, and best practices to improve the recruitment process of SMEs.
- Digital Assessment Tool (DAT): This tool will help evaluate how well European small businesses are prepared to hire and recruit new employees. It will provide objective and systematic assessment methods that can help select the right staff and improve team performance.
- Open Guide for VET Trainers: This guide will provide guidelines and information for trainers working in the field of VET. It will include techniques and practices for developing and implementing effective training programmes in the field of staffing.
- RE-CREW Online Platform. This online asynchronous training platform will provide courses related to effective recruitment and hiring for SMEs. It will include information on best practices, tools and techniques that can be used to develop an effective recruitment process.
The Transnational Project Meeting in Norway.
p-consulting.gr along with the rest of the RE-CREW partnership participated in the Transnational Project Meeting (TPM) in Norway on the 27th and 28th of June 2023. The meeting was hosted by Prios, located at Steinkjer.
The 2nd Transnational Project Meeting was of utmost importance. Partners had the opportunity to discuss the implementation of the project so far and to outline their next steps.
Until today, partners have already developed the content of the Guidebook for Recruiting in Small Businesses. The content was developed with p-consulting.gr and the rest of the partnership carrying out primary and secondary research from the end of 2022 to April 2023. They did not stop there!
Partners organised focus groups, that were mainly held in June 2023. The focus groups were organised in Greece, by p-consulting.gr, but also in Denmark, Italy, Spain, Slovenia and Norway by the respective project partner, giving an added value to the Guidebook. The final touches remain to complete the Guidebook. Don’t miss it!
RE-CREW Online Platform, Digital Assessment Tool and the Open Guide for VET Trainers have already started to being developed. During the Transnational Project Meeting, partners analytically scheduled their next steps for each project result. The first draft of the content of the platform will be ready by the end of September. It’s worth mentioning that p-consulting.gr is responsible for the development of the module regarding Corporate Social Responsibility. A really important topic.
All the necessary procedures for the development of the Digital Assessment Tool (DAT) and the Open Guide for VET Trainers have been launched and will start to be implemented soon. Will you miss them?
The RE-CREW project promises a better future for SMEs! SMEs will have available tools for successful recruitment and hiring processes but also for establishing a strong employer branding!
Stay tuned to learn more about all these useful tools and they will help your business!