Kickstarting Sustainability in Creativity – The ‘INTERACTION’ Project Commences
We’re thrilled to announce the launch of INTERACTION (HighlIght the EuropeaN heriTagE thRough sustAinblE CreativiTy and cIrcular ecONomy) – our Erasmus+ funded initiative dedicated to propelling the creative industry towards sustainability.
Last week, our consortium of dedicated partners from across Europe gathered for an energizing 2-day meeting in Strumica, North Macedonia to turn ideas into action.
On Day 1, we embarked on an insightful partnership trip thoughtfully organized by our gracious host, Nikola Karev High School. After introductory gatherings at the stunning stone-sculpted school, we ventured offsite to:
- Visit the magnificent 16th century St. Joachim Osogovski Monastery near Kriva Palanka – This Orthodox sanctuary set against the picturesque Osogovo Mountains respects both religious tradition and natural wonder.
- Enjoy a hosted lunch at the traditional Trimchevski Ethno Village. Collaborating over mouthwatering local specialties connected us more profoundly to community and heritage.
- Marvel at the intriguing Stone Dolls near Kuklica – Formed through an uncanny geological phenomenon, these unique natural limestone formations resembling human forms have intrigued locals and visitors for ages.
After a culturally-enriching day of meetings, discussion and discovery, we raised a glass during dinner to new friends while planting seeds for sustainability integration in European creative vocations.
On Day 2, a school tour preceded an in-depth partnership meeting to align efforts for maximizing project impact over the coming 30 months. Guiding creative youth towards embracing cultural awareness and eco-innovation remains core to our way forward.
We emerged energized, enriched and eager to commence Interaction initiatives in our communities. Onwards to illuminating heritage while sculpting more sustainable mindsets!
We’re proud to collaborate with visionary organizations ready to drive change:
- Sredno Opshtinsko Uchilishte Nikola Karev Strumica – Bringing creativity in VET education from North Macedonia
- Liofyllo – Adding innovation from Greece
- Marijampolės meno mokykla – Contributing art expertise from Lithuania
- omnia – Providing quality insight from Cyprus
- Centrum Kultury i Sztuki w Łące – Leading sustainability from Poland
By combining our strengths, we aim to reshape vocational education, highlighting EU cultural heritage by integrating sustainability training on circular economy which will amp up the eco-skills of emerging creatives to spearhead circular business models.
We can’t wait to drive meaningful impact towards a greener creative sector. Follow our journey as we pilot curriculum, train teachers, engage companies and empower students to reduce environmental footprints. The future looks bright for creativity and sustainability as innovators of Europe!