Four great days, full of information on various subjects, with old friends and associates and new acquitances
This is the EfVET’s International Conference … “full moments“.
We are speaking about the 27th International Annual Conference from the European forum for VET, aka EfVET , that tool place in Sheraton Lake Como.
what is EfVET?
EfVET is a European-wide network and platform for practitioners in VET and Lifelong Learning providing connections to important stakeholders in the EU
What can EfVET do for its members?
• Promote quality in VET
• Promote innovation in VET
• Promote mobility in VET
• Improve VET systems
• Facilitate partnership
• Stimulate co-operative Thematic
• Represent members’ views within the
European and National level
• Provide a platform for the European
Commission and others to consult
This year the theme was Excellence in VET and as Will Dyrant comments for Aristotele,
…We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is not an act, but a habit…
Excellence in VET
On the subject a lot of the keyonte speakers elaborated, such as:
- Melania De Nichilo Rizzoli (Regional Minister of Education, VET and Labour for Regione Lombardia),
- Joachim James Calleja (President of EfVET)
- João Santos (Deputy Head of Unit in the Directorate General for Employment, Social Affairs, and Inclusion),
- Jens Liebe (Senior Programme Expert at UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre),
- Chrystalla Petridou (Seconded National Expert (SNE) at the European Commission),
- Annika Östergren Pofantis (Policy Officer for Digital Skills and EU Code Week at the Directorate-General for Communications Networks, Content & Technology, DG CONNECT),
- Rena Pdifidou (Senior Expert on VET and social affairs in CEDEFOP)
- Alice Wong (Qualifications Framework of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region)
and many more
This year p-consulting.gr was represented by Mr Panagiotis G. Anastassopoulos, who acts as a Secretary in the Executive of EfVET.
Actively engaged in the main panel during Annual General Meeting, rapourting workshop INDUSTRY 4.0, moderating Marketplace and presenting the answer of VET for Industry 4.0 needs.
Additionaly the contributions for the Greek reality, which is far behind some other european countries’ level, were noted and discussed.
workshop INDUSTRY 4.0
Delegates participated actively in the workshop under the title INDUSTRY 4.o. It was moderated and rapporteured by Panagiotis G. Anastassopoulos and Massimiliano Masscherini from EUROFOUND. The questions in how should Educational ecosystem react on the huge changes that Industry 4.0 and the reality it brings on the professional level were analysed and iscussed by the delegates. How should VET providers, the teachers, the learners, the local regional and national governments could react on this topic. What is the needed communication level to be established between the triangle Education-Enterprises-Governments under the European Umbrella to keep pace with the changing needs? How do we react? How do we up-skill or re-skill ourselves?
…the answer is changing our mindset and move forward to ATTITUDE 4.0…
One of the innovations that this conference offers the delegates is the option to choose between various parallel sections. One of them is the opportunity given to the members to discuss and brainstorm on new projects besides the B2B cooperation they can easily establish. This opportunity is called Marketplace.
This year it was moderated by Panagiotis G. Anastassopoulos and Jonathan Harding from UK. At the beginning of the event the floor was given to Chrystalle Petridou (Seconded Expert in European Commission) describing the huge raise on Erasmus+ funds. Additionally she elaborated on the changes and the strategies the Commission is directing this raise to go, with Mobility taking the lead once again. After that around 120 delegates brainstormed in small and flexible groups knowing and elaborating on common ideas that concluded to 17 new project partnerships…
…120 happy delegates and 17 new partnerships…